2019 Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
The health and safety of our Patients, Staff and Team is the number one priority of our Practice.
With the heightened level of concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we provide the following update to our valued patients and referrers. New Practice protocols are now in place to ensure that we maintain the absolute highest level of health, safety and care for our patients, staff, doctors and their families.
In our pursuit of continuity of care, our Practice will remain open under the guidelines provided by the Federal Government and the Department of Health.
The following protocols have been implemented to support the needs of our patients with the highest possible care;
· Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of our waiting areas, consulting rooms and treatment room
· Hand sanitizers are available for you and our staff, please use it as you enter the clinic
· Increased space between waiting room chairs to maintain distance as defined by the guidelines.
· A phone ‘check-in’ system where we now ask patients to phone reception to check-in before entering the Practice on the day of their appointment. Reception will then advise patients when to enter the Practice, limiting person to person contact.
· Phone review appointments are available to Patients that do not wish to, or cannot attend, the Practice. These are bulk-billed under Medicare.
· We continue to see patients who are referred for urgent conditions, including intravitreal injections.
· We continue to book appointments for new referrals.
We ask that patients who have travelled overseas, suspect they have had exposure to the Coronavirus or have an upper respiratory infection to please contact our Practice to rebook your appointments.
We will be monitoring the situation daily and will continue to take guidance from public health authorities.
We would like to thank you for your support in this difficult time.
Please contact our Practice on (03) 9912 2302 with any questions.