At Western Eye Specialists, we understand that your eye health is an important part of your overall well-being. As such, we want to help provide you a better quality of life through treatments and the provision of information on your particular issue.
Please refer to the section Conditions We Treat.
• Frequently Asked Questions •
Do I need a referral?
- As per Medicare requirements generally a referral is required every 12 months if obtained from GP or Optometrist, and 3 months if it is obtained from a Specialist
- Although every effort is made to remind patients of referrals, it is ultimately the patients responsibility to obtain one
What to bring to an appointment
- Medicare card, Pension or Health Care Cards, Private Health Insurance Details
- A valid referral if required
- A list of your current medication
- Your current glasses
Can I drive after my appointment?
As dilating eye drops may be used we recommend that you do not drive after your appointment.
How long will my appointment take?
As eye testing can be lengthy generally we recommend that you allow 1½ to 2 hours for your appointments.
How can I pay for my account?
We accept cash, cheque, EFTPOS, Master Card or Visa
Does Medicare cover the consultations?
For most consultations there will be a Medicare rebate, however OCT (Ocular Coherence Tomography) testing is not covered by Medicare.
Do you prescribe glasses?
We suggest that you see your optometrist to have your glasses updated or prescribed.
What do I do in a case of an emergency?
New patients with urgent problems should ask their referring practitioner or optometrist to contact us directly to arrange an emergency appointment.
After hours, if you are unable to contact us or see your practitioner first we suggest that you visit the Western Health Emergency Department in either Sunshine or Footscray. The telephone number there is 03 8345 6666.
• Download New Patient Form •
If this is the first time you are visting any of our clinics, you will be required to fill out a New Patient Form. To help to make your appointment more efficient, you can download and print this form, fill it out and bring it with you to your first appointment.